Music plays a huge part in your wedding day.
From the ceremony to the evening reception – every wedding you’ve ever been to has had a soundtrack of its own and your should be on different.
The choices made set the tone for the whole wedding day and if the couple get it right, the night ends with a packed dancefloor of guests celebrating together.
But how do you get it right? Well you work closely with your DJ or live band to select songs that are current and contemporary.
Take time over these choices, selecting tunes that topped the hits in the past year, and allow your DJ the freedom to read the crowd and choose songs appropriate for the room.
Of course there are certain songs that mean a lot to you and your other half that you should include in the day. But we’ve pulled together a list of the top 20 songs that will keep your friends and family dancing into the small hours.
Best 2017 Wedding First Dance Songs
Of course you might have a treasured song in mind. But if mot, try some of these more modern hits to bring your first dance up to date.
- “Perfect,” by Ed Sheeran
- “You’re Gonna Live Forever in Me,” by John Mayer
- “Yours,” by Russel Dickerson
- “Japanese Denim,” by Daniel Caesar
- “My Forever,” by Tamar Braxton
- “Heaven,” by Kane Brown
- “Meaning Again,” by Brad Paisley
- “I’m Confessin’ (That I Love You),” by Diana Krall
- “Hold a Candle,” by Jessie James Decker
- “Loved By You,” by Mali Music and Jazmine Sullivan
Best 2017 Wedding Reception Songs
Keep the dancefloor filled with upbeat tunes and hits from the radio
- “Shape of You,” by Ed Sheeran
- “Something Just Like This,” by Coldplay
- “Castle on the Hill,” by Ed Sheeran
- “Slow Hands,” by Niall Horan
- “Love on the Weekend,” by John Mayer
- “Body Like a Back Road,” by Sam Hunt
- “Kiss You While I Can,” by Rascal Flatts
- “Despacito,” by Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee
- “All I Can Think About Is You,” by Coldplay
- “Dance,” by Rascal Flatts
- “Thinking Out Loud” by Ed Sheeran
- “Marry You” by Bruno Mars
- “All of Me” by John Legend
- “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson, featuring Bruno Mars
- “I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)” by Whitney Houston
- “Don’t Stop Believin’” by Journey
- “Crazy in Love” by Beyoncé, featuring Jay-Z
- “A Thousand Years” by Christina Perri
- “I’m Yours” by Jason Mraz
- “Hey Ya!” by OutKast